Hi-Tech Surgical Love
Laguna Beach Veterinary Medical Center is a state-of-the-art veterinary hospital for every possible surgical need for your pet. Between Dr. Fyke and Dr. Bondurant, we have a combined 37 years of surgical experience (and success!) between us.
Just like human procedures, most surgeries we perform are minor and very non-invasive, and much of our work is done now with lasers. Of course, we work with all shapes and sizes of furry friends – just recently, we repaired a tiny toe on a beloved hamster, and helped a tiny puppy with an intestinal blockage.
Our veterinary hospital performs surgery for much more serious issues, as well. We are qualified veterinary surgeons, and have extensive experience and training in handling many surgical needs. We are very comfortable treating traumatic injuries and emergencies (such as fractures, wounds, gastric and abdominal issues), orthopedic surgeries (total hip replacements), and tumor and cancer removal.
If you’ve ever felt any trepidation about putting your pet through surgery, you will find that our advanced skills and technology provide a safe, comfortable environment that allows for your pet to heal quickly.
During surgery we offer:
- Heated platform tables
- The highest-end surgery lights available to enhance visibility and precision
- Latest laser surgery techniques
- Physical exams and possible blood work prior to the surgery to assure your pet’s fitness for surgery
- Comprehensive anesthesia monitoring throughout
- Constant blood pressure, blood oxygen, heart rate and temperature monitoring throughout
- A “recovery suite” that continues to monitor and supply needed oxygen and blood levels
- Trained, compassionate technicians who continually monitor your pet’s recovery
As your pet recovers, we also offer thorough post-op instructions and options for continued rehabilitation, as well as regular follow-up appointments to ensure your pet is returning to a happy, healthy, fully functioning state.