Hi-Tech Surgical Love
Laguna Beach Veterinary Medical Center is a state-of-the-art veterinary hospital for every possible surgical need for your pet.
Just like human procedures, most surgeries we perform are minor and very non-invasive, and much of our work is now done with lasers. We work on a variety of procedures – just recently, we repaired the webbing between a greyhound’s toes after his zoomies got out of control and helped a tiny puppy with an intestinal blockage.
Our veterinary hospital also performs surgery for much more serious issues. Dr. Mukhtar is a qualified veterinary surgeon and has extensive experience and training in handling many surgical needs. He is very comfortable treating traumatic injuries and emergencies (such as fractures, wounds, gastric and abdominal issues), orthopedic surgeries (total hip replacements), and tumor and cancer removal.
If you’ve ever felt any trepidation about putting your pet through surgery, you will find that our advanced skills and technology provide a safe, comfortable environment that allows for your pet to heal quickly.
During surgery we offer:
- Heated blankets
- High-end surgery lights available to enhance Doctor’s visibility and precision
- Latest laser surgery equipment and techniques
- Physical exams and possible blood work prior to the surgery to assure your pet’s fitness for surgery
- Comprehensive anesthesia monitoring throughout
- Constant blood pressure, blood oxygen, heart rate and temperature monitoring throughout
- A “recovery suite” that continues to monitor and supply needed oxygen and blood levels
- Trained, compassionate technicians who continually monitor your pet’s recovery
As your pet recovers, we also offer thorough post-op instructions and options for continued rehabilitation. In addition, regular follow-up appointments are included to ensure your pet is returning to a happy, healthy, fully functioning state.